TRANSROCKIES CHALLENGE, B.C. CANADA
August 12th - 18th, 2007

www.transrockies.com
THE WALL starts in Panorama, B.C. Canada
SEVEN DAYS - 360 MILES - 36,000 ft of CLIMBING
plus lots of crazy, fun mountain bike racers

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

31 DAY UNTIL THE RACE STARTS

This is the initial post to our TransRockies adventure. The race, TRC, will start on Sunday, August 12th. We hope to post updates eveyday either after the race or the following morning once the TRC begins. Obviously, we're not sure what type of web access we'll have so, please keep your fingers crossed.

Peter is on the west coast training and I'm on the east coast training. So, in some post you'll get Peter's input, and in other post you'll get my input and possibly our support's post. This past weekend I spent a couple of days climbing Peaks of Otter (Thunder Ridge), over and back on Saturday, and on Sunday I went in the other direction to R56. The weather is now hot if you stay out 4 or 5 hours so, on the Blue Ridge Parkway, leaving H2O in strategic locations is important. My training partner has been a very big help with dropping me off and leaving liquids along the way. Presently this week, Monday through Friday is a "rest week" and I'm doing my very best to behave and not ride very long or hard. However, on the upcoming weekends, I can be found in the mountains, either on the road or on the trails.

Please say a prayer for our troops, it truly helps... Ciao

No comments: