TRANSROCKIES CHALLENGE, B.C. CANADA
August 12th - 18th, 2007

www.transrockies.com
THE WALL starts in Panorama, B.C. Canada
SEVEN DAYS - 360 MILES - 36,000 ft of CLIMBING
plus lots of crazy, fun mountain bike racers

Friday, July 27, 2007

15 DAYS UNTIL

Another beautiful day, I rode a couple of easy hours. I still haven't decided on my riding saddle yet. I've been testing several - mostly Specialized - hard, padded, and otherwise. Also, I tried a fi'zi:k saddle which really doesn't fit as nice as Specialize but, it is padded better. I've spent so many hours in the saddle, it has presented a real issue trying to decide which one to use. The thought to keep in mind is first, I don't have big butt and second, that on my longest training week, I probably haven't ridden 75% of the time it'll take to ride the TransRockies' course. In a nutshell, that's what makes saddle choice a bit of an issue. I'll carry more than one saddle but, like the perfect baseball glove, you know when you've found it and, I would have liked to have had that feeling by now.

Off to the mountains for a couple of long days in and out of the saddle climbing - wish me luck and beautiful weather.

Please remember to pray for our troops and their families. Ciao, VB