TRANSROCKIES CHALLENGE, B.C. CANADA
August 12th - 18th, 2007

www.transrockies.com
THE WALL starts in Panorama, B.C. Canada
SEVEN DAYS - 360 MILES - 36,000 ft of CLIMBING
plus lots of crazy, fun mountain bike racers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

16 DAYS UNTIL

Yesterday I rode in recovery mode for a couple of hours. The weather has been really nice and the wind has been cooperating especially, early in the morning. I took today off in hopes that I'll have more energy to put into the efforts this weekend. We're planning on a couple more long efforts on the road bikes this weekend.

I found the brake caliper adaptor I was looking for @ www.bikeman.com. Actually, Shimano put me in touch with bikeman. The techincal service at Shimano was very cooperative and went the extra mile to help me find the part & then bikeman did the same by checking with all their suppliers until they found it. No one was in a hurry, no one put me on hold, and everyone persevered.

The Tour - Rasmussen is out, as he should be for missing random drug testing, and Contador & Levi are in the spotlight. Let's wait and see what they can do on Saturday - the race of truth.

The war continues so, please keep praying for our troops and pray for a solution to our approach to combating terrorism. I don't think this conflict is going to go away when we leave the Iraqs to their own chaos. It's always on my mind. Ciao, VB

No comments: