TRANSROCKIES CHALLENGE, B.C. CANADA
August 12th - 18th, 2007

www.transrockies.com
THE WALL starts in Panorama, B.C. Canada
SEVEN DAYS - 360 MILES - 36,000 ft of CLIMBING
plus lots of crazy, fun mountain bike racers

Thursday, August 16, 2007

5 DAYS OF RACING

I've got just a couple of minutes after 5 days of racing. I wanted to tell all about the things I could NOT have imagined.

1 - B.C. Canada is very beautiful and very wild. A woman was killed a couple of days before the start of the race in Panorama by a bear. Peter and I rode the day before the race on Panorama trails and also saw a bear - we turned around immediately.

2- I feel like I'm at the Olympics - the people are truly international and we've met people from all over the world.

3- the people here are extremely friendly and glad to have the bike race and racers around.

4- Peter and I could NOT have done this without Mimi and Karen supporting us. We're pretty much good for nothing after racing.

5- THERE IS NO WAY TO EXPLAIN HOW HARD THIS RACE IS AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE I'M SURE. YOU COULD EASILY GET KILLED IN THIS RACE AND PEOPLE JUST GO ABOUT IT LIKE AN EVERYDAY EVENT. THIS IS TRULY EXTREMELY RACING. IN ALL MY RIDING AND RACING MTN BIKES, I'VE NEVER COME CLOSE TO THIS LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY.

Well, that is it for now but, I'll have plenty to tell when I return. The three longest days are over with two days remaining (60km and 30km days). My butt truly hurts but, they have the TRC butt butter that does help get you on the bike the next day.

Pray for our troop, forever on my mind - ciao, VB

1 comment:

Mike Herron said...

Dude, is it over yet? Please bring me back some of that Butt Butter...got to get me some of that. Been checking out the bLOG...very cool, but what should one expect from you role models. Hope Pete hasn't killed you yet...or did he wait 'til it was over...I haven't seen a post in the last few days. I'm sure Mimi provides protection. We were all at the Can-Am Rugby Tournament (we won), so pre-occupied over the last two weeks, and this past weekend we dropped Curt off at Virginia Military Institute (he is now officially a Rat). Can't wait to hear all of your lies when you return. Thanks for reminding us to pray for our troops...we need to remain diligent. Love to your biking mafia.