TRANSROCKIES CHALLENGE, B.C. CANADA
August 12th - 18th, 2007

www.transrockies.com
THE WALL starts in Panorama, B.C. Canada
SEVEN DAYS - 360 MILES - 36,000 ft of CLIMBING
plus lots of crazy, fun mountain bike racers

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

4 DAYS UNTIL

Let's pick it up on Sunday - I started out riding with Conte's to Red Mill Commons where we met the Fat Frogs' ride. That ride gets quick, quickly, so off we sped. I'm suppose to be tapering but, it didn't work out on the way to Creeds - very fast. So, I rode easy on the way back and called it a day when Robert S. saved me by offering me a auto-ride home. I was done, which tells me I had pushed the limits and once again, I made a good decision to get in his Pilot and enjoy the conversation home.

Monday was definitely an off the bike day. My computing environment took a hit from the storm on Sunday evening. I spent most of the day waiting on Verizon, who never showed. I had an appointment for some A.R.T. with Jim Browning, to work on my neck - suffering from all that cycling - just in time - another close save.

Tuesday, I rode a couple of easy hours alone, letting everything go right by me and I'm feeling much better. Verizon did show up and replaced my modem - which they could have recommended in the first place - cheap test.

This is probably the last post for a couple of travel days. We'll be in Canada from here on out. Thank for tagging along and I hope we can entertain you on the next couple of weeks. Peter's picture arrived with too much (pixels) quality so, I had to work on it a little just to get it in the page. However, that's Peter "The Italian Climber" and he looks like Chipo when he wants to. Believe me, you don't want to get into a climbing contest with him unless you're very fit.

Comments are now allowed until someone pisses me off.

Love our troops, pray for them, they're forever on my mind. Ciao, VB

5 comments:

Liz Schleeper said...

Wheew, I can finally make a comment! Safe travels to you and keep us posted best you can. What a challenge.

JB said...

Best of luck up there Blair.

It'll definitely be a lifetime experience.

Looking forward to hearing about it.

Anonymous said...

safe journey to you Blair!

Kevin said...

I want to be the one to piss you OFF!
Kick some arse up there!

Cyndi said...

Hey have a great time you have trained and planned perfectly.....bring me back a rock...hopefully not one that was embedded in your body!
Love to all...